Thursday, May 17, 2012

Linda Goes To Camp

All the bags, backpacks, suitcases, and  plastic containers are packed. Post-it noes are slowly being checked off. The last of the suitcases is pressed down and running over. The car is washed, filled with gas, and loaded with coats, boots, camera, bottled water, freshly washed bedding, and a new pillow. 


The cat  pretends to sleep on the suitcase expecting to follow his master - no questions asked.  Hubby's face is a combination of worry, sadness, and confidence that this is what wifey wants to do, and it will make her happy for the next 13 weeks. 


I'm setting off on a nursing adventure at a summer camp high in the Rocky Mountains. I'll be one of two camp nurses (RN's), and hopefully, I won't be the only "over 60" person there. Every camper will have a disability of some type, and every one of them will leave a lasting impact on those who help make their camping experience one of joy, excitement, goals achieved, and memories shared!


In the end, I actually gave up my current nursing job to accept this assignment, and the future is a solid unknown. 


This blog is created to bring life to my journey, and to share with hubby and others, my daily experiences at camp!


Come on...Enjoy the challenge and take a walk through Camp Mountain Village with me...


Sir Caesar guards the suitcase as Mama Linda prepares for camp!




Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

No comments: