Wednesday, May 23, 2012

From Sunshine to Brrrrr

Today was a typical top-of-the-mountain, shivering cold, drippy wet, rain mixed with sleet, clouds in the parking lot - day!


It must have gone from 80 degrees and sunny to 20 degrees and sleeting overnight.  I got to drive the golf cart today, but every time I turned a little, all the icy water from the roof of the cart poured onto my legs and into my lap.  I finally got a big plastic garbage bag and covered myself.  LOL  That would have made the BEST photo.


The first campers arrived at 11 a.m. for "Practice Camp".  It took two of us nurses more than two hours to sort and set up meds for 15 campers.. I can't imagine how long it will take on Sunday when we sign in at least 50 campers.  We're doing what we can on pre-paperwork and Medication Records for next week's campers..


As I drove the buggy from cabin to cabin today, I took a few photos of the clouds hovering over our camp. Maybe you can feel the cold and rain.  In a way, it's pretty if it just wasn't so cold, but I have a warm coat and raincoat that keeps me fairly toasty.  Next week, I bring my gloves and wool scarf!  But soon tonight, I'm crawling into my queen size bed with a warm electric blanket.


Enjoy the photos... Click on them to enlarge them.




The lodge isn't sinking into the earth. It's an illusion.
Clouds hiding the mountains. It brought in bitter cold and rain.



Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda





No comments: