Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Breakfast Views!

It's a balmy, sunny, day here at Mountain Camp (as I call it). Everyone says it feels like the tropics, but it's 8,613 feet above sea level.  No campers are here yet, but we're having a two-day Practice Camp with 15 campers with disabilities here on Wednesday and Thursday.  
THEN IT WILL BE FRIDAY, AND I CAN GO HOME FOR 32 HOURS. (Yes, I was shouting that.)
Not that I'm not loving it here, but I get just as homesick as those counselors from the UK.  One hour away from home is just about as far when you can't get there, as it is for an 18-hour trip back home. 
Today I was comforting a young counselor from the UK who thought there would be a dozen or so from her country and she is the only one. But, she will be fine and even better when we get extremely busy with 50-75 campers whom we are responsible for 24/7.
This morning I enjoyed blueberry pancakes and cantelope for breakfast. As I sat there, I took a quick photo of the breath-taking view of the mountains from our dining hall.  Right? How would you like this view from your kitchen table.  The building in the foreground are some Arts & Crafts buildings, and the barn where we have some horses and two donkeys.





The room was noisy with all the counselors just waking up for breakfast, but the chairs are ready for the campers next week. This is the view from the dining hall of the camp.
Still in the dining room, I walked over to the window and took the picture.
Can't beat a view like that!

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda



No comments: