Thursday, June 14, 2012

From Dawn Until Midnight

Anyone with a sleep problem should come to camp for a couple weeks. I truly believe the insomnia will be cured! Most are up by 6 a.m. and no one gets near a bed until after midnight. Sometimes I sneak to my bed fully dressed about 10 p.m. with the camp radio and emergency phone on my pillow, and my ear to the door in case someone walks in calling, "Nurse!". 
It's so busy that one doesn't think about sleep until they crash and almost forget to set the alarm clock for 0600!  That, if the nurse doesn't get called out several times during the night!
While we haven't had a pressing problem so far, everyone thinks their problem is pressing!
This morning, I arrived at the first cabin for early morning meds given by tube feeding. The little camper was still getting a breathing treatment, so they asked me to come back later. I went back to the Health Lodge (my cabin) only to discover that my applesauce (to disguise pills in) had spilled all over the bottom of the large medicine container and had soaked through all the various bags of campers meds! 
Then a counselor ask to 'borrow' the golf cart just at med time. She said she would be back in five minutes. I should have just said no. When she finally returned, she parked the wrong way, and I had to take more time to get all turned around again.
Arriving late to breakfast, everyone wanted to be first. To my dismay, I had forgotten all the bottles of Miralax (for constipation), and had to return to the cabin for that. 
Before breakfast was over, one of the sweet little 6-year old campers came up to show me that his colostomy bag had come loose and BM was all over his pants. That was a half-hour process back at the cabin. 
Here is a photo of the breakfast I did NOT get to eat. But it sure was a nice spread!




Actually, the cook saved a plate of food for me. It was just that I wasn't really hungry after all that.  LOL  And, there was already a line at the door for cough med, new bandaids, Tylenol for headaches, DayQuil for coughs and runny noses, mylanta for stomach aches, cream for sunburns, salve for rashes, and more...


Here are a few photos I've grabbed along the way here at camp...


Perfect top of the mountain beyond the cabin.

There's a picnic table center/right.

Entrance to "Jake's Place" where we enjoy our meals.

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda

No comments: