Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Early Morning Cat's Eyes

They say we have bob cats, mountain lions (are they the same?), and of course, BEARS all around us here near Evergreen, CO.  They live here. We are camping in their back yard. So, I'm always mindful of that when I'm out and about during the night to visit a sick camper, or taking early morning medicine around to the cabins while riding in my MASH CART.


In the place of pots and pans to clang and clash and scare the wild animals from their own back yard, I simply wear a whistle and carry a big flashlight to light up the eyes of any creature of nature who might be 'watching' me. So far, all big animals have left me alone.  LOL


For you, I've taken a few early morning photos to describe the quiet peacefulness of the first dawn. No photo shop or editing in order to give you the early morning feel.  Then lastly, campers (unidentified) get ready to leave camp on Friday. 


The last two photos show my co-nurse, Callie, RN, - wearing the brown hat. She's busy checking out the campers while I'm taking pictures.  


YOU CAN CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR A CLOSER-UP VIEW.



All is still and quiet as I pass early morning meds to each cabin.
No "eyes" in this wilderness.
The MASH Cart for the nurses! I got out and took the picture as no one was around this early in the morning.
The path makes many circles around the grounds.
Complete with hot showers and soft bunks.
Sorry, I backed into the bench and broke it...
Early morning sunrise on the far mountain.
Each cabin has a name. This is Ponderosa Cabin.
This is "snack time" in the afternoon. Every one meets at 3 p.m. for music and food!
We can post pictures after the campers have left. this was last week's campers.
Campers saying goodbye until next year! A new group comes in each Sunday.
Funny Nurse Callie (blue jacket, brown hat) has a blast at camp. She's great to work with!
Smile Callie!

More later!  Titled, "Oh My God Road."

Take Care on the Journey,
~Linda












No comments: